setcpu users

Last Updated:

1. bnkohrn

bnkohrn Active Member This Topic's Starter

May 14, 2010
    when you guys are describing your great battery life, what are you doing as far a wifi and data? i seem to get amazing battery life if i turn off my wifi and 3g when i am not using it such as when i am at work or if it's in my pocket or just lying around home. the only issue i have with that is the fact that i pay to use this phone, and i'd really like to hear what everybody else does with respect to the wifi/3g and how they affect your battery while using setcpu. the only profile i have set is a screen off profile set to 384/245. thanks for your help in advance!

2. DizkoDan

DizkoDan Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    I only turn on wifi when I use it. I leave 3g enabled all the time. Honestly, I see nothing wrong with disabling the 3g radio if you are in a bad area, or just plain don't need it, if it's going to save your battery. People tend to get too caught up in semantics. Just do what works for you, and don't worry about what other people think.

As for profiles, I've toyed with a few, and really the only one I see significant gain from is screen off. If my phone is sitting on my desk of nightstand for hours, I will see very little no battery loss during that time with that profile set. Without it, the battery would drain quickly due to the constant cpu spikes every time something syncs. I still keep a couple of other profiles based on battery percentage, for when I'm trying to squeeze out more life. But on an average day, I'm plugging my phone in at the end of the day with 60% or more battery left.
  3. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2010
    i always leave 3g on, to me you turn your phone to a dumbphone without it enabled. I have y5 battery saver to manage my wifi for me so it is always on when i can use if and off otherwise.

the screen off profile to me is the big one. The others might help too but i dont think as much.