• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
There is no justifiable reason to have your phone any higher than 528 while its sleeping. If u have sleep set to 710/710, ... u know what... nevermind.

I use 160/245 for sleep. No dialer lag because AS SOON as your phone wakes up (which it does when someone calls you), it runs at whichever setting u have defaulted.

710/710 on sleep is unnecessary. And more than likely, bad.

Upvote 0
saw the failsafe kick in for the first time today, i have mine set to kick in at 40 celsius though. and battery drain is massive. you will be able to notice it. what rom are you using?

Your battery drain is "massive" because you have your CPU set at 710 while its SLEEPING. No wonder.... anything more than 245 for a sleeping phone is overkill.

Upvote 0
Your battery drain is "massive" because you have your CPU set at 710 while its SLEEPING. No wonder.... anything more than 245 for a sleeping phone is overkill.

i know it is, but i have an extended battery for one, and i have a car charger plus home charger. my battery may run down sloe but i dont mind. i almost always have pandora running the the background also so i like it fast. pandora used to get laggy when changing songs or waking it up and using the widget. dont have to worry about it now.

Upvote 0
i know it is, but i have an extended battery for one, and i have a car charger plus home charger. my battery may run down sloe but i dont mind. i almost always have pandora running the the background also so i like it fast. pandora used to get laggy when changing songs or waking it up and using the widget. dont have to worry about it now.

I dont have any issues waking up pandora while it is running and I am underclocked on my sleep profile. Maybe its because you are running app2sd with a low class sd card and you need to compensate with increased cpu speed?

Upvote 0
Ok there was an update for setcpu this morning so i updated hoping it would have eris settings. still doesn't but that's not the big deal since i updated it reset my settings and now when i try and change anything it locks up.

any ideas?

I had a similar problem at first running v1.53 I got from here:
SetCPU for Root Users [1.5.3] 05/13/2010 - xda-developers
But after 2 battery pulls, I uninstalled it and reinstalled. had to quick atk it to get in to uninstall though.
This time I didn't set it to "set on boot" and I have no problems.
Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
exactky. the music skips if i dont clock it up to at least around 600

When I say I am underclocked on my sleep/standby profile, I mean I am underclocked at 245/160min. Running this clock speed I still dont have any lag issues with pandora running when I wake the phone from sleep. Is app2sd really why you need to overclock to at least 600 to reduce lag? Sounds like a bad trade off imo.

Edit: I did have music issues on pandora even when I wasnt OCed because I didnt have my music quality set to high. Have you checked that?

Upvote 0
okay, well I just tried to do this.. got the SU screen cleared, went in and as soon as I went to change settings, it froze.. now it freezes soon after booting to my front screen...

can anyone help me here? I think it's set to autoboot at 800 or something

Never use set on boot until you find something stable. But I think u know that now :)

Upvote 0
I just flashed this file and my phone has been sitting at the 3 androids on stakeboards screen for well over 8mins...any clues?

NOTE TO ANYONE FLASHING A NEW KERNEL:

Wipe Dalvik Cache.

Or you will potentially sit on these androids until the Cows come home. And you probably don't have any cows. So that's a really long time.

Pull the battery. Put it back in. Start back up in Recovery. Wipe > Wipe Dalvik Cache. Then Reboot.

Upvote 0
NOTE TO ANYONE FLASHING A NEW KERNEL:

Wipe Dalvik Cache.

Or you will potentially sit on these androids until the Cows come home. And you probably don't have any cows. So that's a really long time.

Pull the battery. Put it back in. Start back up in Recovery. Wipe > Wipe Dalvik Cache. Then Reboot.

Learned that lesson the hard way back when I first rooted.:cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones