Setting "Apps" after root

Last Updated:

1. Fat Douglas

Fat Douglas Member This Topic's Starter

So I just recently rooted/unlocked nand on my EVO and before I did the steps to unlock nand I had these "apps" that gave me access to a bunch of setting (one of the reasons I wanted to root obviously) but then after the nand and flashing of Fressh Rom, I noticed they were not there. Is this cause of the Rom? or could I have somehow messed something up?
    Any insight would be appreciated :)

Advertisement
  2. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

What are these apps that you speak of?

3. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

I don't know what "apps" you are refering to, but I'd say that the ROM you flashed caused the change. If I were to guess, the "apps" you refer to are HTC Sense widgets. Then you rooted and flashed a ROM that had Sense removed... Assuming I'm right, you'll want a ROM that has Sense. Or, you can find widgets that pretty much do the same things as the Sense widgets...

4. Fat Douglas

they weren't really Apps but more like extra setting controls. I guess it could just be the Rom, but I just thought rooting gave me access to shit like that on its own. Still new to all this stuff haha.

5. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

Yeah i think a lot of people root and then say, "Now what?" Cause even though you have jailbroken your phone, you have to walk it out of the prison compound :) keep reading forums, keep researching, and it will start to make sense to you. There's no way to shortcut the understanding process.

But you know what? Hats off to you for successfully rooting and flashing a ROM without understanding the difference between an app and a widget :)

6. Fat Douglas

I know the difference between an app and a widget...I just refer to everything in my app drawer thing as an app. the term widget never comes to mind, I click it it opens other shit, app. lol But yea I know what you're saying and I'm not at the "what now" shit I rooted solely to push my phone to whatever limit I can push it to. Its an awesome phone and my first Android.
    I was just confused cause before nand I could change all kinds of random settings, now I can't. I guess its just the ROM, looks like I got some more reading to do :p

7. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

The Fresh ROM has certain apps removed by default. They are located on your sd card in the fresh-removed-apks folder. Are these the apps you speak of?