Setting contact names and pictures?Support

Last Updated:

1. WeavShow

WeavShow Member This Topic's Starter

Does anybody know how to set the names that show up in your contact list? For some reason, a bunch of my contacts are showing up as their Twitter names, and I'd rather have it be their real name, which I have listed under their Google accounts (for example, GreenMike vs. Mike Green). I even unlinked my Twitter account, but the names stayed the same.

Similarly, is there a way to set it so the contact pictures are Google account pictures by default?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

Do you have the Twitter app on your phone too? That has contact sync setting sin its options as well.

3. jayloren724

jayloren724 Member

I had the same issue and posted a thread too. Never got an answer and never was able to figure it out.

I use the twitter app now and set it up so that it doesn't sync contacts and removed my twitter account from the android contact list. that was my workaround. seems kind of odd that you cannot specify which name you want to display for linked contacts. hopefully the next update will fix it

http://androidforums.com/support-tr...linked-contacts-display-name.html#post1178401

have you tried rebooting after unlinking all twitter accounts? that might update the display name.

as for the picture source, the only option i have is for facebook. it's in contacts -> menu (left hard button) -> more -> manage accounts -> menu (left hard button) -> picture source

4. WeavShow

WeavShow Member This Topic's Starter

Well, I rebooted and for whatever reason, I'm still getting the Twitter names (even with no connection to my Twitter existing on the phone). Is there any way to clear the contacts? If I could, I imagine I could re-sync with Google and it would take care of it. Otherwise, I can do a factory reset, I suppose.

I see the picture source option now, but yeah, I unlinked my Facebook account and it's grayed out.