Setting custom modesSupport

Last Updated:

1. nicksmith

nicksmith New Member This Topic's Starter

By default, the "off" button of my Galaxy Portal gives me the choice of two modes, silent and airplane. Is it possible to define custom modes, like sya, meeting - silent but vibrate on?

Also, while I am here, the manual talks about transfering data from the phones internal memory to the SD card by using a PC - how do I do this, whenever I connect using the USB, I mount the SD card, but can only ever see the SD card, I can't see internal memory at all?

Thanks for your help.

Nick

Advertisement
  2. uzetaab

uzetaab Well-Known Member

Well, if I have helped you at all then your welcome :)

3. Beerkan

Beerkan Well-Known Member

Check out this Widget App

Ringer mode Switch

If you want to see the internal memory, you can install a Root File Manager This will let you browse the internal memory using the phone.

You will have to Root the phone.

Alternatively, you could install the Android SDK With some linux experience you can log onto the phone and fiddle to your hearts content. Again to get the best from the Android SDK you would need to have root access to the phone.

Now that the technical rubbish is out of the way, you can easily edit/delete your contacts and calendar from your PC.

Go to gmail.com from your PC and log onto your GMail account. Here you can edit/delete/change both you calendar and contacts.

Once complete just save your changes on PC, and from the phone, sync them.

4. nicksmith

nicksmith New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for your answers guys - very helpful