Setting default browserSupport

1. markwill

markwill Member

How do I set the default browser? I use apps like Newsroom and when they load a browser they go to the stock browser and I'd like to fix that. Can I do this system wide or do I need to find a setting in each app that opens web pages and configure them individually?

Thanks.

Mark

Advertisement
    :
  2. Heaterz16

Heaterz16 Well-Known Member

+1
  3. Mizuno

Mizuno Member

+2. In fact, Id like to set defaults for other file types, but this seems difficult when the program you want to use does not show up in the list to set a default.
  4. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

If you have multiple browser installed, when you want to make one a default browser, the easiest way to explain it is, email yourself a link, then open the email with your email app on your phone, once opened, simply click on the link and it will show all the browsers you have installed, then add a check mark to use by default, then choose the browser you want, then that should be your default browser, there is another way to do so also, go into settings/applications/manage applications/All, then scroll to the stock browser and check to see if that is marked as the default browser, if it is, then clear the default browser, then when you open another link it will show you your browsers and again choose which one you want to make default.

5. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

You can also compose an email or text message with a URL link in it and save it as a draft. Then go into your saved drafts and open the newly composed email or text message and press the URL link.

This is the method I use to save my default browsers. I am using Dolphin Browser Mini at the moment and I am very pleased with it so far.
  6. DonB

I am playing with Skyfire at the moment and I am liking it
  7. Mizuno

Mizuno Member

Well, if you are wanting to change default browser and have one already setup as a default (say the factory Android browser), you're not going to get that option because you already have a default browser set. My problem is that I cant find the default browser in the apps management to change it, Whats it called??
  8. DonB

It is simply called Browser with a globe sign

9. jeni8

jeni8 New Member

It's called "Internet". Also make sure to check tabs at the top - select ALL to make sure you're seeing the full list and not just downloaded apps.