Setting default calendarSupport

1. marefin

marefin Well-Known Member

Is there a way to set the default calendar as the Google calender? Right now, every time I add something to the calender, the default option is "My Calendar" but I want to switch it to the Google one. Is that possible? I'm using a Captivate if it matters.

Advertisement
  2. armeck

armeck Active Member

I was just about to post this very dame message... anyone?
  3. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

I'm using a Fascinate and assuming that this would be the same.

When you are creating a new event go to Calendar > Menu > Create. This will give you options to select the day and time you want along with which Calendar you want the event to be listed under. You can also specify a location, if there should be an alarm, if it repeats and note or description field.

As far as changing the default, My Calendar will always be the default. No way to adjust that currently. Even if you remove it from the list of viewable calendars it is still the default because it is listed first in Samsungs sort order.

I'm going to move this over to the Captivate support forum for you as others may have other options as well.
  4. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

You can't change the default with the stock app. Common complaint.

Mentioned in the Captivate FAQ:
    Calendar - CapFAQ
  5. Kalnel

Kalnel Member

I have a Fascinate, but add me to the list of people annoyed by this, too. BTW, I have the same problem with Contacts -- I couldn't figure out why I wasn't getting all my contacts updated, then I realized that I was adding them to "Contacts," not to my Exchange account's contacts.
  6. f8lpony

f8lpony Member

One thing I do not like with the stock calendar is i cant seem to set an event every 4 weeks. Doesnt seem you can get to specific with the settings. My BB Storm Calendar had all kinds of options