setting differnt sound alerts for text/email accountsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. pirate943

pirate943 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ok, so i figured out how to add custom ringtones for alerts and calls but i cant for the life of me figure out how to set one for text, a different one for gmail, a different one exchange and so on. any ideas???

also, is there a spell check on this thing? i saw a setting under 'qwerty' but it requires predictive text to be on, which is a no go for me.

thanks!!!

Advertisement
  2. snuggles

snuggles Well-Known Member

same

3. Brian_83

Brian_83 Well-Known Member

You can do it for text in the text app. Go in to the messaging app and then settings and change the notification settings there. As for email I haven't figured that out yet. It only has an option in there to turn it on or off. I'm using the default notification sound as the one I want for email right now and customizing the txt notification in the messaging app.

4. DaWeav

DaWeav Well-Known Member

As for text alerts, I have different SMS audio alerts for various contacts using SMS Popup. I have the Earthquake SMS sounding, 'Hey, did you feel that earthquake', and CNN SMS alerts sounding, 'Breaking news from the CNN news center'. Other personal contacts just sound "Hey, text from soandso', but I have to record each different sound file first in order to select it in the SMS Popup app.

As for email alerts, it would have to be built into the email app to have a different audio alert for the various mailboxes. My HTC Mail app on my Hero doesn't have but one 'default' sound too. But, I'm looking in to alternatives that might respond to the notification bar event or something like that...