Setting Google Voice as default voicemailGeneral

1. EzGoingKev

EzGoingKev Well-Known Member

At one point in time I had my Sprint phone number as my default number for outgoing calls but was using Google Voice's voicemail as my default voice mail application.

I cannot remember if I did it with my Galaxy S2 or if it was with my previous phone.

Anyway, if it is possible with this phone I want to set it up that way.

Can anyone help?

Advertisement
  2. 2ndaccord

2ndaccord Well-Known Member

Download Google voice and go into the settings. There should be an option to use voice for your default voicemail. My Google voice is my default voicemail and text messaging program. Also you can merge your sprint voice number with Google voice to complete the process.
  3. EzGoingKev

I already have it installed and when I go under the settings there is nothing there that lets me do that.
  4. 2ndaccord

Is your Google voice merged with your sprint number. If so Google voice should already be taking over as your primary voicemail.
  5. 2ndaccord

I don't have visual voicemail anymore because I download a custom rom but I am using Google voice and it works the same.
  6. EzGoingKev

I did not merge them.
  7. erich13

erich13 New Member

got it to work, by visiting Google Voice Settings in a web browser

www dot google dot com slash voice slash b slash 0 question-mark setup=1#phones
  8. ruvainc

ruvainc New Member

open your computers google voice app and and you will see your google phone number above the "credit" on the lower left. Click on your phone number and you will see that a link on the last line that allows you to change voicemail to google voicemail.

Click on the link. It gives you a code. You dial it on cell and after it hangs up on its own you are done.

Took me three hours to figure this out.