• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Setting memory to save to SDCARD as Primary not the Internal Mem

If you download an app from the market you can force it to move to the SD card if it doesn't let you from menu>manage apps>downloaded>app name>move to sd card. Titanium Backup, both free and pro, will force move the app to the SD card. Under Backup/Restore pick the app you want to move. Hold your finger on the app and a menu comes up. Move the app from it. This isn't allowed with every app. I haven't had a problem with any move yet.

Upvote 0
Someone please figure this out!

Every app that I move goes to the internal sd and not my 16gb sd card. It did format my card with a .android_secure folder but they all go to the internal one. I only have about 2gb left and still have 15gb just sitting on my external card. I don't think I can just move everything to my card without some way to tell everything to look there. I've moved what I could but there is still a lot that doesn't give me the option to choose a path.

i kno some apps can not be move to the sd card

Upvote 0
Did a quick test with the game called Diversion.

On the phone it shows:
Total: 17.40MB
Application: 17.37MB
Data: 32.00KB
Cache: 96.00KB

Went to manage apps and selected "move to SD card", and now

On (internal) SD:
Total: 228KB
Application: 192KB
Data: 36.00KB
Cache: 96.00KB

Went to ES File Explorer to go find it on /sdcard/ but couldnt locate it. I finally found it in /mnt/asec/ along with all my other apps I had moved.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones