Setting memory to save to SDCARD as Primary not the Internal MemSupport

Last Updated: 2012-01-26 00:45:31
  1. Ære

Ære Well-Known Member

Is there away you can set the Esteem to save app files, cache, downloads, etc to the SD card by default, not the internal memory?

Please help if anyone knows how to change this.

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. LatinHeat

LatinHeat Member

[quote="
  3. nailzer

nailzer Well-Known Member

If you download an app from the market you can force it to move to the SD card if it doesn't let you from menu>manage apps>downloaded>app name>move to sd card. Titanium Backup, both free and pro, will force move the app to the SD card. Under Backup/Restore pick the app you want to move. Hold your finger on the app and a menu comes up. Move the app from it. This isn't allowed with every app. I haven't had a problem with any move yet.
  4. Aplus

Aplus Well-Known Member

[quote="
  5. geetech84

geetech84 Well-Known Member

i kno some apps can not be move to the sd card
  6. Aplus

Aplus Well-Known Member

I know, but, I'm not just talking about apps. The apps that can be moved to sd go to the internal sd and not my sd card. I also want to find a way to move the data and cache to the external card like the op asked.
  7. fylpee

fylpee Well-Known Member

I use app2sd to automatically have apps moved over
  8. nailzer

nailzer Well-Known Member

From reading about the app2sd it seems it only moves a portion to the SD card. From the market page,

"This app is not used to backup apps to SD card. It only helps you to move a portion of apps used space to SD card."
  9. nuked

nuked Well-Known Member

Did a quick test with the game called Diversion.

On the phone it shows:
    Total: 17.40MB
    Application: 17.37MB
    Data: 32.00KB
    Cache: 96.00KB

Went to manage apps and selected "move to SD card", and now

On (internal) SD:
    Total: 228KB
    Application: 192KB
    Data: 36.00KB
    Cache: 96.00KB

Went to ES File Explorer to go find it on /sdcard/ but couldnt locate it. I finally found it in /mnt/asec/ along with all my other apps I had moved.
  10. Destinbury

Destinbury Active Member

would the optimus m A2SD script work?or would that not work what with the internal SDcard in the esteem?:confused:
  11. abescalamis

abescalamis Member

app2SD Doesn't work. well the problem with this phone is that the primary SD card listed is the internal, That is Why it always will going to move everything to the internal SD.

I will let you know if I find the solution
  12. Captboob

Captboob Member