1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Setting mp3 as phone ringtoneSupport

1. missamortem

missamortem New Member

I just downloaded an mp3 ringtone from pisamba.com and it's not showing up with the other ringtones. Is there a no hassle way to get it to its proper location so I can set it as my current ringtone? I have a Motorola Droid Mini with the latest version of Android.

Advertisement
    :
  2. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Yes, this should be very doable. In order for an mp3 (or any other music download) to show up in the ringtone picker, it has to be moved or copied to a folder (any folder) called "Ringtones" on your phone's storage.

There are a number of ways to do this: you could connect the phone to your computer, and, if you can access the files on your phone from the computer, create a folder called "Ringtones" (or find one that already exists; sometimes it's already created) and move, or copy, the file you downloaded (which is probably in the folder called "Download" on the phone) to that Ringtones folder.

If you download a third-party file manager app on the phone, you can do that on the phone, too. The app File Manager (at this link on the Play Store) is a pretty good app for that, since it brings you right to the storage area on the phone.
  3. Milton515

Milton515 Active Member

I downloaded a app called 'Ringtone Picker' from the Play Store and it lets you choose the songs you have on your phone as ringtones... I don't personally use it on my phone (I use music videos that play when I get a phone call), but my wife does on her phone and it works great and its easy to use