Setting my location for weather.

Last Updated:

1. bp_e11even

bp_e11even Member This Topic's Starter

Just watched a demo and the guy was showing that the weather widget knows where you are and will update automatically based on your location. My weather application shows Toronto in the flip clock even though I have my location set as Hamilton. What gives?

Advertisement
  2. b0n3z

b0n3z Member

I have found that the widget doesn't update too frequently. Go into the Weather app and manually update it. Thats what I do.

3. bp_e11even

It's not that it doesn't update, it won't change from Toronto to my location when I travel. Today I was in 4 different cities and it kept showing Toronto the whole time... isn't it supposed to be getting the weather for my location? Even when I add my city to the list and rearrange it so my city is at the top, it still shows Toronto...

4. daffyduck

daffyduck Well-Known Member

Not a problem for me in the UK - updates pretty regularly.

Check to make sure in your settings that you have Location via Wireless Networks ticked?

If this does not work, you could also try ticking the Enable GPS Satellites to help the Location process (though I do not use this).

5. rkky

rkky Member

I had the same problem when I first got my Hero. It was 'set up' by the guy at the store and would not change the city no matter where I went or how hard I tried to change it. I ended up caving and reset the phone out of frustration and it worked. I live in a twin city area and now it updates automatically whenever I move between the two. Hope this helps.

6. bp_e11even

Thanks. I work in the same mall where I bought the phone so I'll just drop in and be like, "FIX THIS!!" =)