1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Setting Open Home back to default for home key?

Last Updated:

1. davehelix

davehelix New Member This Topic's Starter

Ive had open home downloaded for over a month and i only used it for a short period of time before switching back to the default homepage setting. Now, because of the new features added to Open Home i want to switch back, and every time i open 'Open Home' it only opens until i hit the home key. Then it does not ask me what i want to use as my default as it used to. I went to settings>applications>manage applications>open home to clear all defaults but it is not highlighted for me to select it. How can i set Open Home to my default again?

Advertisement
  2. G8D

G8D Well-Known Member

Download Panda Home, a free home alternative, and the option will reappear.
    You can then uninstall Panda..

3. Matenrou

Matenrou Well-Known Member

If the default launcher is set then go to Manage applications->home->and press Clear defaults.

Because the standard one is set to default you wont be able to see that from the open home app info. Atleast thats what I think.

Hope it works for you.

4. davehelix

davehelix New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks alot Matenrou. Worked great.

5. y6y6y6

y6y6y6 Member

Just wanted to add my experience. Matenrou's fix didn't work, but G8D's did.

6. Stoney62

Stoney62 Well-Known Member

But then wouldn't you have to redo all the pages?? :(

7. Stoney62

Matenrou's is the "Only" fix in my experience! (recent)

8. Stoney62

Let me add to click the Home button and you'll be able to check the use as default at the bottom, then select the home screen you want to be the default.

9. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

This fix does work. You have to click the "Clear Defaults" button under the standard "Home" application. In order to get this on your Manage Applications list, you have to hit menu > filter > all. You'll then be able to access it and (assuming it is your default) clear the defaults. If it is not your default, then you need to find the clear defaults button on whatever home app you have set to use.

10. carmex

carmex Member

The problem with that fix is that for me (With a Galaxy S) I'm running TouchWiz (Samsung's home screen replacement). I can't find touchwiz or home or anything like that in the applications list, which means i can't clear the default. I was hoping to avoid installing another launcher just to get the default cleared, but if that's what I have to do I will. :)

11. illusion52

illusion52 New Member

on the Galaxy s go to setting > applications > manage applications > all and then seach for TwLauncher .click and clear default:D

12. coconutpie

coconutpie Member

download free app HomeSmack from market that works on 2.2 and 2.3 - you won't need to browse to settings menu. There is also app HomeSwitcher, but it does not work on froyo and beyond

13. cheshirez

cheshirez New Member

I know I am resurrecting a dead thread and I'm sorry for that... but which application would I clear using an evo 4g sprint phone? I cleared htc sense and that didn't work.