Setting photo quality

Last Updated:

1. Northumbrian

Northumbrian New Member This Topic's Starter

I've searched for the answer to this but can't find anything relevant. Any advice will be gratefully received...
    One of the things I need to do a lot with my Desire is to take a photo using the phone's camera and then email it to other team members. For this purpose, we don't need high-quality high-res photos - but I can't seem to control this. Every picture I take is relatively high-res, and over 1Mb in size, and if I'm on a shaky signal it either takes ages to send, or fails. (I work in a rural area so there's no 3G or anything fancy like that.)
    Is there any way I can control the resolution the camera shoots at - OR - downsize a large photo before emailing it?
    I should also point out that I don't have MMS enabled as part of my data plan, so emailing the photos is the only way (and works better for this purpose anyway - we need the photos on computers)
    Thanks for being here. I really like the Desire, and Android! To think, I almost bought an iphone ;)

Advertisement
  2. jred7469

jred7469 Well-Known Member

Open the camera, slide down the options (top of the screen or menu button) then click on the gears icon in the corner (settings) you can then change the resolution, widescreen option and quality - this should significantly reduce file sizes and make it easier to send images!

3. nacatomi

nacatomi Well-Known Member

if you slide out the little ">" symbol in the camera app you can click on the cogs and change the resolution in there as low as 640 x 480

4. Northumbrian

Northumbrian New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks so much. I had searched for this and not found the setting. This has achieved exactly what I need.
    Thanks for being here.