Setting Profile Pic for Messaging?

Last Updated:

1. victorhooi

victorhooi New Member This Topic's Starter

heya,

I'm curious as to how to setup a profile picture for myself on the phone.

Basically, in Messaging, I can see photos for other people, but "Me" just has the default Android icon.

Is there any way of setting a photo for that ("Me"). I suppose I can create a contact in my address book for myself, but I feel a bit silly doing that, lol. Surely there's a way of just setting a profile picture somewhere?

(My Google account has a profile pic, as does my Twitter etc - I thought it would have just grabbed it from tha.).

Cheers,
    Victor

Advertisement
  2. furiannn

furiannn New Member

Yeah Im wondering this too, I have tried making one of me on the phone aswell but to no avail.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

3. sonmica

sonmica Well-Known Member

Mine set up automatically when I synced HTC's People app to fb and google.

I don't know what phone you're using, but check the Contacts to see if there's a special contact card for your own details (which should have a place to edit your picture).

4. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Why? Give it a shot. I'd feel silly if that was the solution and "feeling silly" prevented me from having a timely solution. I guess YMMV.

5. blondie5221

blondie5221 Member

I went into contacts and added myself, and my phone number, then I added my picture to it. =)

6. goharris

goharris New Member

Once in messaging, I tapped on the blank pic, then opened the linked contact (voicemail), and edited it to insert the pic I wanted. Worked for me...