1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support Setting to turn off 'data always on'? (Answer: go to Settings-Mobile network)

1. pirate943

pirate943 Well-Known Member

on my inc and rezound i could go to settings> mobile network> (uncheck) data always on

that really boosted the battery life of both phones. i looked in mobile network settings but couldnt find it. is there a 4.0 equivalent of this option?

Advertisement
  2. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

settings-mobile network. turn OFF if you do not want cellular (3g 4g) data.

Turning OFF this setting will ONLY use WIFI as your data connection.
    pirate943 likes this.
  3. pirate943

pirate943 Well-Known Member

thanks but this setting still used the 3/4g data connections, but it only looked for notifications when the phone was on (well, when the screen was on...like i could turn the screen off and leave it in my pocket for a few hours and as soon as i turned the screen on it would look for new notifications). since i only use email and no other social media updates or any of that it was a really useful setting to have.
    marctronixx likes this.
  4. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

i turned off the mobile data and my mobile data stopped.

you can turn off background data or go into sync settings and stop the accounts from syncing...

EDIT: did you have wifi on by chance? I turned off Wifi and the phone was not using any data due to no connection.
  5. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

There's a sense 4.0 widget that's very convenient for turning on/off data

Mobile connection. It's an image of the Earth similar to what you'd see on many Internet applications
    marctronixx likes this.