• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Setting up a student hotmail account that is @student.rcc.edu

I've tried the usual instruction for setting up a hotmail account, but they don't seem to be working, i'm guessing because of the irregular suffix of my student account. Is there a way I can set this up using the included android e-mail app??

I ran into this problem as well. And it took me a long time to figure out.

Option 1:
Have it all forwarded to your gmail account. You can choose for your gmail account to "act" as you @student.rcc.edu account.

Option 2:
I did it the RIGHT way on my BB so idk if it will work for your phone.

>Open up "outlook.com/student.rcc.edu" and enter your info on FIREFOX (do not use Opera or Chrome because it a different interface).

>Go to Options-->See All Options (top right, below your name)

>On the right side is "Shortcuts to other things" and the third choice is "Learn how to get Direct Push e-mail on your mobile phone"

>Scroll down and there are instructions for iPhone, BB Curve, BB Pearl.

I used these intructions to set up a Bold, a couple Tours, and an Eris

Upvote 0
I ran into this problem as well. And it took me a long time to figure out.

Option 1:
Have it all forwarded to your gmail account. You can choose for your gmail account to "act" as you @student.rcc.edu account.

Option 2:
I did it the RIGHT way on my BB so idk if it will work for your phone.

>Open up "outlook.com/student.rcc.edu" and enter your info on FIREFOX (do not use Opera or Chrome because it a different interface).

>Go to Options-->See All Options (top right, below your name)

>On the right side is "Shortcuts to other things" and the third choice is "Learn how to get Direct Push e-mail on your mobile phone"

>Scroll down and there are instructions for iPhone, BB Curve, BB Pearl.

I used these intructions to set up a Bold, a couple Tours, and an Eris

Damn...I was so excited that this was gonna work. These instructions may work for outlook, but this definitely isn't how things show up in Hotmail. Yes, I logged in through Firefox. Ay caramba. Thanks anyway.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones