• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Setting up aosp

Nope I do not have that issue, the only other thing I can think of is do a Nandroid and then reflash the Rom and see if that solves the issue
Just as a side note, I haven't tried anything since my 12/20 12:54 post, been just using the physical button, but Dialer One shows up in the drawer and Titanium Backup lists. But not in my Manage Applications list.

Upvote 0
It is easy as pie, don't sweat, simply flash as you would a Rom in recovery as long as you are on Sprint CDMA
so it's that easy? thought it required more steps since peeps say it can brick your phone..so just flash it in recovery and bam??! that's it??
I haven't flashed yet....but my island is small...not a whole lot of new towers going up....

mahalo hurry and make another post! you have them evil numbers lol

Upvote 0
so it's that easy? thought it required more steps since peeps say it can brick your phone..so just flash it in recovery and bam??! that's it??

mahalo hurry and make another post! you have them evil numbers lol

Just flash from recovery, no need to wipe anything;) You are CDMA Sprint Hero, right? If yes, good to flash:D

Upvote 0
Thanks, lol:D

Too bad I can't get wordfeud to work on GB:(:(:( I may nandroid back soon but I don't know, still playing around with GB. Btw, that was a nice EX for 52:D

yea it was..i wrote you back..i'm quite scared of your ability now in this game..u don came up lol..and the only problem with gb is audio issues and camera right? and the bluetooth? i think i'll wait till it becomes more stable..gonna try out this aosp in a lil bit

Upvote 0
yea it was..i wrote you back..i'm quite scared of your ability now in this game..u don came up lol..and the only problem with gb is audio issues and camera right? and the bluetooth? i think i'll wait till it becomes more stable..gonna try out this aosp in a lil bit

Audio works now, camera no good. Sounds like bluetooth not working, have not tried yet. You can send/receive phone calls:D

My ability in wordfeud?:cool: I only learned from the best:D

Reactions: androidtp
Upvote 0
This may not be the place to ask, but if not, just redirect me. I am a complete newb to custom roms. Just rooted my phone recently and after researching the customs, decided on asop. Followed all the steps and have the rom on my HeroC. Problem is, after I flashed the rom, I need to flash the gapps to get to the market, but ROM Manager isn't in my list of apps for me to be able to flash gapps. I would restore all my backed up apps and use ROM Manager from there, but without the market, can't download the app so I can restore my backed up apps. HELP! (Please, and thank you)

Upvote 0
This may not be the place to ask, but if not, just redirect me. I am a complete newb to custom roms. Just rooted my phone recently and after researching the customs, decided on asop. Followed all the steps and have the rom on my HeroC. Problem is, after I flashed the rom, I need to flash the gapps to get to the market, but ROM Manager isn't in my list of apps for me to be able to flash gapps. I would restore all my backed up apps and use ROM Manager from there, but without the market, can't download the app so I can restore my backed up apps. HELP! (Please, and thank you)

Did you download the gapps and is on the root of your SD card?

Upvote 0
Do this,
Power phone off
While holding down the volume down button, press the red power button
Then you should see recovery, press the home button
This should take you to the recovery screen
Wipe Dalvik Cache and wipe cache
Go to install Zip from sd card
Find the file where the gapps are and then flash the gapps
Once done, reboot phone
Sign into google account and you should be good

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones