• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Setting up CM6

Ok I went from aosp 9.9.2 I believe. I loved it, decided to try CM6 well I have been using it for about a week now finally bugged enough about a few things found the thread biggest problem was performance well I downloaded setcpu seems better already but still one thing don't know if its all I'm my head or what, but I swear my battery takes longer to charge anyone else our am I just cracked? Btw this and the setting up aosp rom should be stickied for all the people new to roms and the like and maybe add a little section about kernels just my .00

Upvote 0
Well I always plug it in before bed so a good 6 to 8 hrs charging will give it a full charge but when I plug it in say when I been using opera a lot it just seems to take awhile to charge like I said I thought I was crazy. I still really like a few thing about bout aosp and CM6 like the customizable status and notification bars but as I said aosp just seemed a lot faster. Maybe I will try cm6 with out oced a little longer see how much faster it is

Upvote 0
Now I been having problems after I been using opera mini when I hit the home button it goes home but then adw will fc and then jump back to opera and I can't go to the home screen so I'm just switching back to aosp out seems to run much smother I still really like the customization of the status bar and notification pull down

Upvote 0
Now I been having problems after I been using opera mini when I hit the home button it goes home but then adw will fc and then jump back to opera and I can't go to the home screen so I'm just switching back to aosp out seems to run much smother I still really like the customization of the status bar and notification pull down

Try jaybobs CM6.2, more up to date

Upvote 0
Well I really like the aosp 9.9.2 so I re flashed it not a problem maybe I just like the minimalist theme that it seems to have more of idk but I'm sticking with aosp till a stable GB rom comes out...that and jit seems to do better with aosp than cm6 on my phone...i can tell a difference with games loading but I have not paid much attention with anything else....i really need to find a black theme with red highlights without getting a new launcher but that's another subsection lol

Upvote 0
I​

Attachments

• snap20110113_074215.png
    snap20110113_074215.png
    9.5 KB · Views: 68
Upvote 0
Again, the stable CM6 is from 10/28. You would be better off flashing one of JayBob's builds as they are more up to date, imo;)

Ok, tried AOSP 0.9.9.2, not a big fan. Pandora locks up all the time and I have to pull battery to reset the phone. Yesterday my phone went into vibrate mode and never stopped, again had to pull battery to reset. The signal is crappy on both CM6 and AOSP so maybe it​

Upvote 0
What are the most useful features of GB vs. Froyo in your opinion (or anyone else's)

I personally like the green look of the status bar. When you are linked to you google, everything is green:D

Some neat features for manage>applications. Internal storage used--free, SD card storage used--free, RAM used--free

Has CM7 things in the rom No-Frills CPU Controller, instead of using setcpu or oc widget

Internal memory, for some reason(not sure), has more than aospMod 0.9.9.2 by 30mb

Even though I'm getting the same signal, applications download much quicker

Some of the things I like

Reactions: mrtimo
Upvote 0
I have a Sprint HTC Hero running Firmware version 2.1-update1, Software number 2.27.651.6 - the standard system. I am constantly running low on space - though I have an 8 gb SD card and would love to have my contacts and my apps run from there. I have been reading posts all day about rooting the system, installing another ROM, and getting apps2sd working, but this stuff scares the hell out of me... Even with all the instructions, I'm just not sure what I'm doing.

Does anyone know anyone in Houston who I could get to do this for me?

Thanks for any help

Upvote 0
I have a Sprint HTC Hero running Firmware version 2.1-update1, Software number 2.27.651.6 - the standard system. I am constantly running low on space - though I have an 8 gb SD card and would love to have my contacts and my apps run from there. I have been reading posts all day about rooting the system, installing another ROM, and getting apps2sd working, but this stuff scares the hell out of me... Even with all the instructions, I'm just not sure what I'm doing.

Does anyone know anyone in Houston who I could get to do this for me?

Thanks for any help

Welcome to the Forums! :) You don't need anyone in Houston, stick around here for a little while, and the guys will help you out. It is very easy, with a couple of "one-click" options.

Upvote 0
Welcome -
Unfortunatly it is a bit more Challenging then JB made it out to be.
1 - You need a ROM that supports it. (sounds like you are Stock)
2 - If you are running a 2.1 ROM you will also need to Partition your SD Card.

THE ANSWER - Root and flash AOSP.9.9.2 - then you can put whatever you want on you SD card.

Yeah, I was talking about the rootinmg. First things first. ;)

Reactions: MahaloCat
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones