setting up contact ringtonesGeneral

Last Updated:

1. mach1man

mach1man Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Im having a problem with getting individual ringtones set up. I download a few from mabilo ringtones but when i set them to my contacts it only plays the default one. I tried re-writing the download with ringdroid but that didnt work either. Any help or advice.

Advertisement
  2. NKT

NKT Well-Known Member

Did you edit the contact to change the assigned ringer?

3. mach1man

I went to people>which contact i wanted> hit select ringtone> then entered ringtone> backed out. It shows on the contact card the right song but when they call it still plays the default song.

4. pikappetapi022

pikappetapi022 Well-Known Member

just a guess but i think you need to save the edits you do to each contact person.....

5. NKT

NKT Well-Known Member

Hmmmm, that is puzzling...

Did you scroll to the bottom of the contact after editing and save the contact?

6. TzuDohNihm

TzuDohNihm Well-Known Member

On the simulator on VZW it showed edits have to be saved at the bottom of the screen.

7. NKT

NKT Well-Known Member

Correct. If you don't hit save at the bottom and just hit home or back it discards the changes.

8. mach1man

Im not using a verizon ringtone. I deleted the mabilo ringtones and used an app call mp3 downloader, downloaded three songs. I then used an app called ringdroid and cut the clip out of the song that i wanted for the ringtone set it to the contact but still no luck. I used this method before on the eris and the moto droid, the only difference was that I downloaded the songs to my sd card and then used ringdroid, maybe thats what I need to do now? The contact info for those contacts shows the right song that should be playing when they call but its not playing, its using the one i set for default.

9. Kyreba

Kyreba Active Member

I'm flaggin this thread to see how you figure it out.
    One of the things that I'm very excited to do is make my own ringtones like you are talking about. There are a few songs that I'd love to use as ringtones but the ones out for purchase don't have the section of the song I want.

Are the apps ringdroid & mp3 downloader free or are they pay for apps? Bear with me if that seems like a dumb question but the whole app thing is new to me.

10. mach1man

No question is ever dumb. And yes ringdroid and mp3 downloader are free. Im still trying to figure out why the contacts aren't working right.

XDaydreamerX11 likes this.