Setting up E-Mail for various providers...

1. sherri

sherri Well-Known Member

I do not know where to post this, but I have been seeing a lot of questions regarding setting up email accounts. A moderator can move this, or delete if it isn't needed...:dontknow:

Each email service provider uses their own settings. I found this chart to be helpful. Although the post id from Verizon, and is on a Motorola page, the chart is generic and applies to all phone providers.

Hope this helps!

https://motorola-global-portal.cust...il/a_id/39427/~/droid---common-email-settings

Advertisement
    lauracg32, h82typ, uttercaro and 5 others like this.
  2. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic VIP Member

Do you know if this is phone specific? If it isn't we may be able to add it to the general Android FAQ.
  3. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ~Shoveling Snow~ Moderator

Those settings are email server specific and should work for any phone. Great find sherri.

I am going to figure out a place to sticky that, either android apps or android lounge.
    Yeahha likes this.
  4. Yeahha

Okay thought it might be based on a quick look. I think we could add it to D-U-R-X's FAQ sticky here since that is linked in all of the phone forums ;)
  5. sherri

sherri Well-Known Member

Glad to actually help!
    Unforgiven and Yeahha like this.
  6. Yeahha

It is appreciated. It looks like we will be adding this to the general android FAQ sticky in some way so it will be accessable from all the device forums stickys. Really great find sherri :thumbup:
  7. sherri

sherri Well-Known Member

**blushing**
    Unforgiven likes this.
  8. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ~Shoveling Snow~ Moderator

D-U-R-X and I discussed it. He is going to add it to the sticky. Again, great find sherri.:thumbup::party:
  9. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

Hey Sherri!

As Unforgiven said... great find... I added it to the sticky yesterday :)
    Yeahha likes this.
  10. sherri

sherri Well-Known Member

Glad to help! (Maybe now I can get help getting an avatar up here?) Please?
  11. Yeahha

Are you making sure to select the radio button that says "Use custom avatar" then uploading the file then press "save changes"?" The screen should refresh and you should get a broken image link for where you avatar would display.
    D-U-R-X likes this.