Setting up e-mail

Last Updated:

1. mdv47

mdv47 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all

My 1st question ......
    How do i set up email when i get my phone on Thursday?.
    I am on Orange contract so do i have to use them, or do i set it up with my current ISP (BT Internet) which i use on my computer?.

Sorry if it sounds stupid but i have never used a phone for email/internet before.

Also what is this "rooting" ?.

Thanks
    :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Advertisement
  2. wiggo123

wiggo123 Member

I have got mine set up for virginmedia. I have also got a googlemail account on it.

Go to BT's website and search for the settings to set it up, its fairly straight forward.

As to the rooting question. Their is a stickied topic on this forum.

mdv47 likes this.
  3. Zarch

Zarch Well-Known Member

I originally had separate Virgin, Hotmail and O2 email addresses which i had to check separately.

I've still got all 3, but i created a new gmail account and it now pulls emails from all 3 of the above into 1 central place. As gmail works seamlessly with Android, its certainly worth considering doing the same.

4. KING LUFF

KING LUFF Well-Known Member

If you set up a gmail account (which i think the tutorial asks you too but not sure???) email will work pretty much the same as text messages. Are you new to smartphones?

5. wiggo123

wiggo123 Member

Hi,

Could you possibly give a brief description as to how you went about this please?

Thanks, wiggo

6. Zarch

Zarch Well-Known Member

Create a gmail account.

goto settings, accounts and import. Add each mail address/account detail that you want to check/pull into gmail.

You enter the details under Check mail using POP3:

Gmail then goes and checks these external email boxes every 10 minutes or so and pulls the emails into your gmail account. You can then reply from gmail as if they came to you direct.

Works a treat!