setting up email account

Last Updated: 2012-06-22 05:03:38
  1. Serenitysmom

Serenitysmom Member

I am attempting to sign into my email account via my android and after I enter my email address and password it asks me to select "POP 3", "IMAP", or "Exchange". I have no idea what I am doing and would love to have some help in figuring this out. My email address is jamielear1982@gmail.com in case that information is needed to help me out. I use that email as well as a yahoo email. Also do not know if that information was needed but figured I better give as much information beforehand. Also after I get past this selection, will I have more that I have no idea about?

Advertisement
  2. altaran

altaran Well-Known Member

Pop3 probably
    Serenitysmom likes this.
  3. altaran

Haha maybe I shud read the entire post....but you should set up you gmail in settings and accounts. But I'm pretty sure both pop 3 would have to be enabled on gmail and yahoo...so just use the built in gmail app and download the yahoo app for it.....simplified and no need worrying about the server type.
    Serenitysmom likes this.
  4. Serenitysmom

Serenitysmom Member

Thanks! I did that and now I am viewing my gmail account on my phone!! :) Greatly appreciated!!! :)
  5. altaran

For some reason I can't get to the settings for it but on a pc in ur gmail u can get it to check other mailboxes like yahoo or hotmail and have it show up as a label in gmail. Which is extremely handy specially if u ever format ur fone....only one account to set back up.
    Serenitysmom likes this.