Setting up Exchange email keeps failingSupport

Last Updated:

1. knowbody

knowbody Active Member This Topic's Starter

When I first got my Evo, I had no problems setting up the HTC mail client with my work email, using Exchange. Due to random restarts, I had to do a hard reset, and now I keep getting "Failed to create the account. Please try again later." This has been happening for the past few days since I did the hard reset.

When I initially set it up, I just put in my work email and password and had no problems. Now, I've tried every configuration possible in both normal and manual setup. Anyone got any other ideas?

Advertisement
  2. htcevolee

htcevolee Well-Known Member

what settings do you use for the manual setup?
    i use activesync.companyname.com and make sure to check the SSL button at the bottom and also put the DOMAIN name where it asks.

3. SARC

SARC Active Member

I had similar problems to begin with, ie set up exchange in the shop and it worked great, then did hard resets for various reasons and I couldn't get exchange set up again, even using the same set up/passwords/etc. In the mean time I downloaded Touchdown, which set up easily the first time, and continued to be very robust.

I eventually got it to work again using the native exchange sync, but I had by this point gotten used to touchdown and kept it. Touchdown can do tasks, which native exchange cannot. I also like the fact that Touchdown is a self contained app and doesn't force you to set the key lock on the whole phone, you only have to enter the key lock when you open Touchdown.

I was initially annoyed at having to buy a 3rd party app to do something that I could do easily on my old WinMo 6 phone, but I've gotten over it now and and just enjoying all of the other great things with the phone, as well as exchange using Touchdown

4. knowbody

knowbody Active Member This Topic's Starter

I love the idea of only having to unlock the app, instead of the whole phone, but 20$ for an app is way too much. What features does the paid version have that the demo doesn't?

Is there a free equivalent?