• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Setting up Exchange email keeps failing

knowbody

Jun 6, 2010
When I first got my Evo, I had no problems setting up the HTC mail client with my work email, using Exchange. Due to random restarts, I had to do a hard reset, and now I keep getting "Failed to create the account. Please try again later." This has been happening for the past few days since I did the hard reset.

When I initially set it up, I just put in my work email and password and had no problems. Now, I've tried every configuration possible in both normal and manual setup. Anyone got any other ideas?

I had similar problems to begin with, ie set up exchange in the shop and it worked great, then did hard resets for various reasons and I couldn't get exchange set up again, even using the same set up/passwords/etc. In the mean time I downloaded Touchdown, which set up easily the first time, and continued to be very robust.

I eventually got it to work again using the native exchange sync, but I had by this point gotten used to touchdown and kept it. Touchdown can do tasks, which native exchange cannot. I also like the fact that Touchdown is a self contained app and doesn't force you to set the key lock on the whole phone, you only have to enter the key lock when you open Touchdown.

I was initially annoyed at having to buy a 3rd party app to do something that I could do easily on my old WinMo 6 phone, but I've gotten over it now and and just enjoying all of the other great things with the phone, as well as exchange using Touchdown

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones