Setting up google account problemSupport

1. tounae

tounae New Member

I bought this samsung galaxy i7500 about two weeks ago. Ive been having this same problem since then. Everytime when i try setup google account, i get this message after while "cant establish reliable data connection to the server". Ive tried like everything to fix this (factory reset also). Note: i can use browser normally. Any ideas how to fix this?

Advertisement
    :
  2. atbeyi

atbeyi Well-Known Member

It happens but i don't know why. have you tried to do that process while you are connected to wi-fi?
  3. Davi

Davi Active Member

Im having the same problem...anyone have any ideas ?
  4. chronodekar

chronodekar Well-Known Member

I can explain this one,

It depends on your carrier. For example, my old one didn't let me do anything other than use the phone browser. They block all other types of internet requests. :(

So, what you need to do, is connect to the internet via Wifi (as suggested earlier) and login to google from there.

-chronodekar
  5. Bomberman

Bomberman Well-Known Member

Can y ou get any internet? If not check you actually have an APN selected.
  6. Kamala

Kamala Well-Known Member

Go for Wi-Fi, it will help for sure. If you cant do:
    check your APN settings, and check if you selected the right one,
    switch network type 2G or 3G.
    try to change your SIM card (try with different carrier).
    Had same problem but it was solved with reverting to factory settings or using Wi-Fi.
  7. protheos10

protheos10 New Member

Sometimes this happens to me too. A long time ago it happened and I found the solution. I can not recall what it was, but it was a setting of some sort, or related action to clearing something. Clearing Google settings helped I think. Recently it happened when I updated my ROM. I rolled back to an earlier version, including settings and the problem went away right away. So I know it is a settings issue, not hardware. Has anyone found the solution yet? IF so please post it. I wish I could recall how I solved it before, but it was years ago literally.