Setting up notificationsSupport

1. Dlowe005

Dlowe005 New Member

Can someone help me with setting up notifications please? Having trouble with the following:

1) how do I set individual text notification tones for some of my contacts (I figured out individual ring tones...)?
    2) how do I set notification reminders? It is not enough for me to have one beep. Sometimes I set my phone down and come back to it later. I need a notification that will repeat at intervals until I look at the text.
    3) how do I set up visual reminders? - if I recall in my pre-iPhone days, I used to be able to set up a blinking color reminder for different functions - missed call, text, etc.
    4) am I missing something as far as "help" goes on this phone and how to set it up? The help function seems pretty useless. Is there someplace other than "settings" to access customizable functions? I feel like I'm missing a whole bunch. I'm not a computer person but I've not had trouble setting up a phone before. I'm really struggling with this one.

I appreciate any advise you forum gurus might be able to offer.

~D

Advertisement
    :
  2. Dlowe005

Dlowe005 New Member

After posting this, I seem to recall there was a texting app that was different from the one that comes with the phone. I'm going to look at the App Store, see if I can find it and post back on here if I can answer my own questions. I figure others may have the same ones!
  3. Outatime

Outatime Well-Known Member Contributor

Hello!

I suggest you try Handcent. It has just about every feature you're looking for.
    Dlowe005 likes this.
  4. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

I've long used an app called Missed Text Reminder. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.murryelectronics.missedreminder

It will kick off the text message reminder on a fixed schedule (I have it repeat every 10 minutes for an hour) if you have any unread texts. Every once in a while a text message that I've read will not be seen as unread, kicking off a spurious reminder, but I'd rather have that than the opposite.

This phone uses active reminders for that - the clock that pulses every so often, or when you pick up the phone, with an icon for each missed notification. There is no LED notification light on this phone.
    Dlowe005 likes this.
  5. rolandx

rolandx Active Member

So I guess that makes apps like "light flow" pretty useless!

6. Dlowe005

Dlowe005 New Member

Thank you everyone! I had remembered about hand cent and downloaded it by mid-day! I will also check out the missed text app. I'm a happy camper!
  7. speede541

speede541 Well-Known Member

I'm playing with Light Flow at the moment, and while you're right -- no light to control -- it does continue to provide audible notifications on an app by app basis.

Repeat notifications works!

Custom vibration settings works!

It's even compatible with the app Sound Profile I use to customize volume settings, except I'm having trouble with assigning custom ringtones and notifications based on what sound profile I've chosen. (So I can select a different notification for text/Facebook/email, but I can no longer pick one notification for my "loud" volume preset and a different notification for "shhhh!"