setting up the facebook function??Support

Last Updated:

1. akbawidamann

akbawidamann New Member This Topic's Starter

i've having a really tough time getting my phone to link up to the facebook widget thingy.... i've tried all sorts of things but it wont link up... anyone able to help???

Advertisement
  2. bby31288

bby31288 Member

ha. Me too. I keep getting a message, log in failed. Try later. I downloaded from app. i can go to the widget and get fb. Have to refresh manually. I'm trying to sync so my contact pictures show up on the phone book.

3. akbawidamann

akbawidamann New Member This Topic's Starter

yeah, i keep getting that login failed message too... and its REALLY annoying... i want my social networks to work in that widget.... but everything i try to log in fails... i dont get it....... and yeah i want my contacts to link up pics with my phone too...

4. kriss76

kriss76 Member

ETA: I am having no issues with the widget (in the app I downloaded from the market). It's working perfectly. What I'm having a problem with is menu>setting>accounts/sync>facebook login>"login failed, try later"

I am on my THIRD Samsung Fascinate as of today. :mad: I have been having the "login failed, try later" issue ever since I got this phone at noon today. I'm currently on the phone with Verizon tech support right now, and he is saying he doesn't know how to help me. I'm so frustrated right now. The tech guy is arguing with me that the "add sync account" in the Fascinate doesn't work, and isn't supposed to work??? WTF? It worked on my past two phones with no problems whatsoever. I know Facebook isn't a Third World problem, but it's supposed to work and I'd like it to.

Does anyone have any suggestions, before I run this phone over with my car?

**the reason I had to return my SECOND one, is because it would not receive any calls at my home. The first one recieved calls perfectly, but got overheated. Now....my third one isn't doing what it's supposed to, but tech support says it's not supposed to do what it's supposed to do :eek:

5. noroth

noroth Well-Known Member

I'm actually having this problem too. I'm on my second fascinate after returning the first one for an unrelated reason. Now im trying to add my Facebook stuff to the accounts/sync options and it's been failing every time. Same thing as you - "Login failed, try later."

It's been doing it all day so far. Maybe it will work in the morning. We shall see. I don't really see any reason why it wouldn't work. Gmail, of course, worked right away. I have had my facebook email show up with a gmail icon in the accounts list after it has failed before. Not sure why it's doing that. I'm patient, since i know once it does work, I'm gonna have a whole lot of friends to check/uncheck to add as contacts. Then the linking begins lol.

6. Fynx

Fynx Well-Known Member

I previously had the problem with FB account setup and sync via TouchWiz, but I tried again this morning and it magically worked. Currently it is loading my contacts from FB, i think. I have a spinning astrick with Loading... and a Facebook header on the phone. Yet no sync icon in the notification area.

More to follow later.