• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Setting up Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S2

I have just been bought a brand new unlocked Galaxy S2 - I live in the UK

Can anyone talk me through setting up the phone so I can connect to my carrier O2 and also get the device to connect to Kies? It connects but says it is not supported to get Firmware updates. Phone details are :

PDA : I9100XXLPH
Phone : I9100XXLPH
CSC : Unknown (that can't be good ?)
Build : THU FEB 9 02:26:52 KST 2012

Person who bought it thought I could just put the sim in and be off - knew it wouldnt be that easy :thinking:

I have just been bought a brand new unlocked Galaxy S2 - I live in the UK

Can anyone talk me through setting up the phone so I can connect to my carrier O2

O2 Settings - GPRS WAP & MMS

It connects but says it is not supported to get Firmware updates. Phone details are :

PDA : I9100XXLPH
Phone : I9100XXLPH
CSC : Unknown (that can't be good ?)
Build : THU FEB 9 02:26:52 KST 2012

You are correct, "that can't be good".

It would appear that this phone has been flashed with another CSC codes firmware for any of the reasons mentioned in post #1, here.

Without knowing the original firmware code to flash the stock firmware, you will not be able to update via Kies and will have to rely on manually updating via Odin as described in the above link.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones