1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Setting up Yahoo emailSupport

1. narayanan1

narayanan1 Member

I have an unlocked Nexus One. I am trying to setup my personal yahoo email over WiFi, but no luck so far. Keying in user name and password fails. I think the cnet review complained about this as well.

Any ideas anyone?

Interestingly enough, I have a bizmail pop account from Yahoo that I could easily setup.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
    :
  2. cm40

cm40 Active Member

Get a Gmail account?

I read somewhere that somebody had the same problems and had to enter their yahoo IMAP settings. I'll look for the link and post if nobody beats me to answering this.
  3. siddharth

siddharth Member

vinipuhkz likes this.
  4. Drew1204

Drew1204 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply...^^ However, this does not work. I tried turning off wifi, then restarting the phone and doing exactly as the video stated. It says could not connect ... or wrong email/password over and over...WTF :(
  5. jbrinkley

jbrinkley Well-Known Member

this worked yesterday, and still works today. But it will not get mail if connected to wifi.
    Otherwise it's working fine for me
  6. Drew1204

on the nexus one???
  7. narayanan1

narayanan1 Member

All, I saw the setup for Droid, and noticed the comment about switching off the Wifi. For sure, this process does not work with Wifi on Nexus One. I have not tried it over 3G.

I have been able to setup gmail, and yahoo bizmail over WiFi but not my Yahoo personal email.

If anyone has succeeded, pl share.
  8. jbrinkley

jbrinkley Well-Known Member

yes in the N1. I won't be a smart ass. still working btw
  9. Drew1204

LOL okay...crap I'll have to try again- no matter what I do it won't work :(
  10. Chip.Deon

Chip.Deon Member

change your location on your yahoo account to china it worked on myTouch
  11. vinipuhkz

vinipuhkz New Member

Thank you for detailed video! It worked for my Samsung Galaxy S i9000.

Ironically, my dad also has Samsung Galaxy S i9000, but his phone could only sign up to Yahoo mail through Pop3 server and not IMAP. On the other hand I could only do it through IMAP server.

So, it all depends on your yahoo 7 server. How to check your server, I don't know.
    Possibly like that:
    How to Switch to Yahoo!7 Mail Beta and Enable POP3 and Forwarding Function