Setting Your Own Wallpaper, Ugly?

Last Updated:

1. circazero

circazero Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

When I try to set a wallpaper from my own gallery, it only allows me to select a specific part of the picture. For example on the iphone I could resize the selection to fit the screen as much as I wanted. But the captivate sets a box and i cant make it bigger or smaller to select the entire wallpaper.

and also doesn't matter how high res the picture is, it always looks blurry. Unlike the stock wallpapers, they look super sharp and clear.

Anyone know what im doing wrong or how to fix it so i can choose to display an entire picture as my wallpaper rather than just a small portion?

Advertisement
  2. Baldilocks

Baldilocks Well-Known Member

I'd really like an answer to this as well. I think it has to do with the multiple home screens. (My friend with an EVO has the same problem with her own wallpapers.)

3. Pinetree09

Pinetree09 Active Member

cn06 PM'd me earlier

It works, k

4. Croak

Croak Well-Known Member

Tap on the edges of the box, you'll get some drag arrows and you can crop on the fly in the wallpaper picker/gallery.

You need a wallpaper resolution that matches the amount of home screens if you have scrolling wallpaper enabled. Generally something like 960x800 will work pretty good, and you can go larger.

If you're trying a 480x800 image because it matches the native resolution, what's happening is it's being "zoomed" quite a bit to make it fit across all the home screens, and that ends up looking like hell.

The wallpaper picker yellow box default size is 480x800 on the Captivate, btw.

breley, pank and circazero like this.
  5. circazero

circazero Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Oh man that was so easy!
    I been using iPhones for 3 years and this is my first android phone.
    Thanks a lot