Settings>About Phone>Battery>Battery Use>Idle ??

Last Updated:

1. Tomjh99

Tomjh99 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I updated my phone to the official realease 2.1 when it came out and since then I have noticed my battery is not lasting as long as it used to. I was curious what you are seeing when you check your phone idle pertentage. Mine is showing phone idle at 37%.

Settings>About Phone>Battery>Battery Use

Advertisement
  2. DFRESH

DFRESH Well-Known Member

my battery has been doing great...no complaint about that....

3. JonB

JonB Well-Known Member

3% here

4. scottmbolt

scottmbolt Well-Known Member

26% for me. My theory is, back when I had 1.5, I had made numerous necessary tweaks to get optimal battery performance out of my HERO. Those tweaks took me weeks to get down right. Now, I have to somehow go back and do all of that over again. Its a difficult process.

5. Mr. Goodkat

Mr. Goodkat Member

I know exactly what you mean.

6. scottmbolt

scottmbolt Well-Known Member

Also, did we all take into effect the amount of time we have been playing with this phone, messing around with its new features, downloading this, downloading that, just like we did when we first got the phone? All of the extra playing with is draining our batteries.

7. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

I am happy. Have had the Hero for a day and have only had to recharge twice each day yesterday and today. So yes, playing NON stop with it, streaming Pandora the entire time does tend to make for short battery life LOL

8. Linx

Linx Well-Known Member

yeah I haven't noticed any improvment in battery life. And I don't get too much time to play with it while at work

9. dominicanyor

dominicanyor Well-Known Member

Im glad im not the only one having battery issues.

10. JonB

JonB Well-Known Member

So now i'm at 41% and i haven't changed anything on the phone. Went from 3% to 41% seems weird...

11. checkers

checkers Active Member

Mine has been between 30 and 37 percent.. dunno if i like this upgrade and now wondering about the evo4g.

12. JeffCO

JeffCO Member

I think it's been explained elsewhere, but as there still seems to be confusion on this setting, I thought I'd give it a shot. As I understand it, the use percentages are not absolute references (meaning, the percentage of your battery being used by application X) but rather relative references. That is, you should interpret it as the relative percentage of the battery charge *that you have used already* that is accounted for by application X.

For example, my battery is currently at 90%, so I have used up 10% of the current charge. Phone Idle shows that it accounts for 49%... of the 10% I've used, or equivalently 4.9% of the overall battery usage.

So as the day progresses and I use up more and more of my charge doing stuff, the percentage used by, e.g., Phone Idle is going to change, sometimes quite a lot. Hope this example helps to clarify what people are seeing.

JonB likes this.
  13. JonB

JonB Well-Known Member

Jeff, if that's what it actually means, then it makes perfect sense to me! Thanks!