Settings app on Droid appears to be missing

Last Updated:

1. oakley1261

oakley1261 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I seem to be having an issue with my stock Settings manager being missing after a miss-click by my girlfriend when she was using my phone. She accidentally hit the "Install" for the FRG22d when I had my droid running the original 2.2 rooted. It installed, and came back up. Root was gone, and so was the option to use Settings. It still shows when I hit the menu button, but if I select it, nothing happens. And it is also no longer listed in my app drawer now. I re-rooted my phone hoping it would bring it back, but it's still gone. Can I reinstall the APK for it? If so, how would I go about doing that?

I did do a search, but I didn't find anything pertaining to my issue. If I missed it I apologize.

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. oakley1261

Well, It appears I can't even use my phone as phone at the moment. The phone app appears to be gone as well, along with my contacts. I guess I will just download the stock 2.2 update, re-flash and hope that fixes it. Unless anybody else has a better idea.

3. Grey1001

Grey1001 Well-Known Member

I'm too new at this to help, but heres a bump.

4. muab

muab Well-Known Member

The "easy" answer to me would be to just flash a new ROM. It will have all that attached to it.

If you were rooted before, did you ever make a nandroid backup? Just install that and problem would be solved too...

5. thaDroidz

thaDroidz Well-Known Member

Reason #1, 2 and 3 that nobody but me touches my Droid ...

6. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

I have to agree. "Take my Eggo...Leggo my phone!" :D

Install a new ROM and you should be fine. You should even be able to load the rooted FRG22D ROM over what you have without wiping...but I recommend a fresh start.

7. oakley1261

Well, I tried installing the frg22d update again, still had the same issue. Then I tried installing the normal release of 2.2 on my phone, still had the same issue. I ended up restoring from a backup I took a few months ago. I lost quite a bit of data, but at least I didn't lose everything. And I did take a backup of the problem rom before I restored just in case.

I'm thinking I will restore my broken rom, and use a data backup utility to backup seperate program data, and other info. Then just re-image my currently good rom with that backup so I don't lose everything. I still find it odd that it killed a bunch of stock apps on my phone, but oh well. :)

Thanks for all the replies. :)