Settings->Applications->Manage applications

1. zpilot

zpilot Well-Known Member

Is it me or does this page take forever to load up? Anyone know how to speed up the process?

Advertisement
  2. pingpongboss

pingpongboss Well-Known Member

It's just that slow on the Evo for some reason :(
  3. evilsandwich

evilsandwich Member

It's slow on every Android phone, not just the evo
  4. Mabster

Mabster Well-Known Member

Have less apps? Just a guess really.
  5. eSanto

eSanto Active Member

It's painfully slow. I just use appbrain though, takes care of all managing and installing much quicker.
  6. pingpongboss

pingpongboss Well-Known Member

That's not true. I just saw a video of a guy who had both a Nexus One and an Evo. The Nexus One loaded in less than 1 second. of course the icons took a while to populate. But the Evo had the loading thing spinning for minutes.
  7. tjwoo

tjwoo Well-Known Member

It's true, it takes forever for it to load, but hardly a problem since I installed system panel app. Its pretty instant installing and removing apps through SP.
  8. marinakosiorek

marinakosiorek New Member

My application manager worked great, now it doesn't, I don't have many apps either. I've had to reboot my phone twice- it gets stuck at managing the apps. It was so quick yesterday,....
  9. Droidone

Droidone Well-Known Member

I use a installer and installer app, so i never use Android setting to manage apps. I might have to start using some of the apps mentioned above. An all in one might be better.
  10. zpilot

zpilot Well-Known Member

The loader ticker freezes though while its still loading...
  11. zpilot

zpilot Well-Known Member

What is this appbrain? :eek:
  12. zpilot

zpilot Well-Known Member

To be totally honest, I don't even have that many apps. 5 games and 2 extra apps. That's about it...
  13. Mabster

Mabster Well-Known Member

appbrain allows you to browse the app market from your PC. Set up lists of apps you want to download. Then use the appbrain app to manage and download your apps.
  14. Rob_A

Rob_A Well-Known Member

You can uninstall from the market too. just hit the downloads button to see what's installed on your phone
  15. spikeithard

spikeithard Well-Known Member

oh good. its slow on the xperia also. thought it was just my phone that application manager was slow to load icons