Settings -> Data Manager: very slow (10-30 seconds) to show up. Why?Support

Last Updated:

1. cdl

cdl Well-Known Member

I have a UK Milestone 2, rooted, and use ADW launcher ex. Motoblur still runs in the background but I added no accounts to it, so it pretty much does nothing.

I noticed that when I go to settings -> data manager, the phone takes forever (anytime between 10 and 30 seconds) to show the menu.

Any idea why this is so slow? :confused:
    It's very annoying to have to wait forever to enable/disable background data.

In the Milestone 1 the section wasn't called 'data manager' and loaded up instantly.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

It takes 0.5 second to open mine. I do not have any social apps registered though.
  3. cdl

cdl Well-Known Member

Neither do I.
    The only thing that updates in the background is k9 email (imap idle).
    I also tried from the Motoblur launcher, but it's the same. Weird, and annoying... :confused:
  4. Szadzik

I never go there so I see no reason to find it annoying ;)
  5. cdl

cdl Well-Known Member

Well, I need to enable background data to access the market, but would rather keep it disabled at all other times to save battery; push email (imap idle with k9) still works, even with the background data switched off.
  6. Szadzik

Have you tried looking for a switch widget with that function? Might be easier than going all the way to settings.
  7. cdl

cdl Well-Known Member

I searched the web, a number of forums and the market, but couldn't find a widget for it.
    I can set a home screen link to what is now called 'data manager', but it still takes from 10 to 60 seconds to show up. I do wonder why! :confused:
  8. DaveBobFred

DaveBobFred New Member

I no longer use the stock motoblur interface so i'm not sure if the widget i use is built in or from the launcherPro home replacement app, but i use the power control widget to disable background data as data manager take 30 seconds at least to load for me