• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Settings | Developer Options | Stay awake: How to make it persist?

PeteCress

Android Enthusiast
Aug 12, 2010
Paoli PA, USA
I've tried Settings | Developer Options | Stay awake plus a couple of apps that claim to control StayAwake, but the setting always gets cleared with a re-boot.

Does anybody know a way to make StayAwake persist such that the screen never goes to sleep as long as the device is getting external power - but goes to sleep once power is removed?

I found Stay Awake while charging in Display, Gestures and buttons on my Evo.

Hope that helps! :)

My N7000 has something like that, but it is under Developer Options. It works, but only until the next re-start.

What I found was something called "Insomnia" (difficult to find using Google Play's search, which returns many many hits with that app buried far down the list).

Now that somebody has told me how to get Insomnia's Settings menu up, it seems like the Real Deal: the setting doesn't quite persist after re-boot, but it flips a reminder to the notification dropdown.

Reactions: dustwun77
Upvote 0
I was going to ask here if anybody knew why (or how to fix) my default action selection across restarts.

I have a Razr Maxx that was sent to me a couple weeks ago from Verizon to replace my Razr Maxx that had a broken headphone jack. My old phone had an OTA update to JB that worked perfectly, but the new phone from Verizon will not remember any of my default action selections if I reboot it. The settings will persist as long as the phone is up, but as soon as I restart it it again asks me to select my home app, email, dialer, browser, photo viewer, or any other app that has a default action associated with it.

If I select "Do Always", it works until the next boot.

Is this along the same lines as the OP?

Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones