Settings Went Haywire OvernightSupport

Last Updated:

1. DodgerinNH

DodgerinNH Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Apr 2, 2010
    Hello, wondering if anyone could help or relate to this:

1) This morning my alarm didn't go off- I checked all the settings and they were fine (it had been going off every morning as scheduled until now)

2) Then I noticed I hadn't been getting email notifications (up in the window shade). When I opened the HTC mail client they were there, but I didn't get the usual notifications.

3) Finally I began to look at my settings, and many of them had reverted back to factory settings- screen timeout for example was back at 30 seconds even though I'd set it at a minute, email downloads had gone back to every 15 minutes instead of the 10 minutes I'd set it at, and the list goes on for random settings that had been changed..

I did download a few apps yesterday. Could this have caused my settings to reset? They were the Mixzine media player, juice plotter, and an Ovulation calendar for my wife

4) In addition, although this is unrelated- I've not been able to get the HTC default email client to be consistent. Whenever I open the Mail App it seems to default to whatever it is I had open last, regardless of what I have set as the default, which is my work email (and grayed out on the default settings screen)

I did a soft reboot and am now getting notifications again, but I'm wondering if anyone knows why this happened? Thanks in advance...