Setup Default Storage on SD CardSupport

1. Preider

Preider New Member

For the Razr Maxx - how do you set the SD card as the default storage for pictures and videos?

Advertisement
    :
  2. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Hey Preider, welcome to AF! I moved your thread to the Droid RAZR/RAZR MAXX forum. Thanks for understanding. :)
  3. Optid

Optid Well-Known Member

Welcome to AF! :)

Open camera, press the menu button, click the settings icon, scroll down to storage location and select SD card. ;)

Edit: Added screen shot.

[​IMG]
    djohio likes this.
  4. oOMavrikOo

oOMavrikOo Well-Known Member

Is there a way to set the default storage for the entire phone, not just the camera?
  5. Mike20878

Mike20878 Well-Known Member

Bump. I have the same question. I'll export settings from an app, for instance, and I thought it was saving to the sd card but it's saving to internal storage. Why is internal storage called "/mnt/sdcard"? When I see that it makes me believe it's my sd card.
  6. Adauth

Adauth Well-Known Member

That probably wouldn't be a good idea as some things are required to be stored on internal storage.
  7. oOMavrikOo

oOMavrikOo Well-Known Member

OK... But what about phones that aren't designed with internal storage and external storage? I have the RAZR and it has app storage, internal, and external.
  8. carracerz14

carracerz14 Well-Known Member

Phones that don't have an sd card are still partitioned as if there was an internal storage and external storage, just the external is built in.
  9. Adauth

Adauth Well-Known Member

I'm not understanding you...
    :eek:
    What do you mean you don't have internal and external storage? Yes most apps can be saved to either but app with widgets, LWP's, Rss feeds, etc. etc.
    They won't show up after a restart is installed on the external SD card.
  10. Mike20878

Mike20878 Well-Known Member

Well, I mean for actions such as backing up/exporting settings. I've backed up my settings on some apps and realized it was not available when I reset my phone (if I wiped everything). Now I make sure to move them off to the external storage first.