Seven cent case, my new favorite.Accessories

Last Updated:

1. nynvolt

nynvolt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Was scanning Amazon for cases, saw some were selling those luxmo argyle cases for seven cents, $3.55 after shipping. This is the clear version, definitely wouldn't have been my first choice but for the price, I figured I could use it for back up. Turns out this is a great case. Looks a little girly but not as tacky as I thought it would be. It fits nicely and has precision cut out's rather than the big rectangle cutouts. The feel is smooth rather than rubbery. It covers the camera, volume and on/off buttons. This makes the camera and volume buttons unusable but the power button works easily with it. I like that, at work I won't need those buttons and it will keep pocket lint and dust out of them. The side buttons are defined in the case so for every day use they would be easy to cut out to improve access. This case feels less bulky than the snap on case I have and removing it is much easier. It also allows greater access to the screen. It has a nice ridge to place the phone face down without worrying about the glass touching.

Bottom line, for the price, this is probably the best case on the market right now. Now if they would make one exactly the same but in all black and no checkers, I'd stop looking for a better case.

Think the price has now gone up to 8

Advertisement
  2. akita

akita Well-Known Member

Pics or it never happened

3. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

4. bobomatic

bobomatic Well-Known Member

Same thing i told my buddy last weekend..:D

5. nynvolt

Lol, pic's of the case or of the price? If ATT would fix my dsl, then I could post both. I have been nervous to use ebay anymore, I have had nothing but good luck with Amazon, nice price. I was going to post in the best case thread but I'm not convinced this is the best, can't beat the price though.

On a side note, this case fits in the platinum series holster perfectly.

6. twister6

twister6 Guides Guide

I have the same case except its smoke and not clear, and what you should do is just use exacto knife and cut along 3 sides of the rectangle-button imprint while leaving one longer side intact. This way it will be easier to press while still keeping these buttons covered.

Oh, and good to know it fits with Platinum holster! I assume you are talking about BB Platinum series re-branded Seido holster, the one with a spring loaded top latch?

7. nynvolt

Yep that's the holster. So you can switch out cases and still use the holster.

Wanted to add, I cut the button covers out on the side of the case. NOT recommended. It makes pressing the buttons even harder. Instead do as the poster above mentioned or slice the long sides leaving the ends attached.