1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Seven Mail

Last Updated:

1. yawdapaah

yawdapaah Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

Is anyone using the Seven Email beta? I wanted to try something other than K9 and maildroid (I don't like the way they look).
    I've been using Seven for a bit (IMAP) and it seems alright aside for a few quirks/flaws:
    1. Can't setup or send email via wifi (I can't do this with ANY mail client)
    2. When I delete an email from my phone, I lose all trace of it in webmail. It's not in trash, deleted, junk, etc.

In case you're interested,
    SEVEN Beta Program :: Welcome to SEVEN Beta Program

Advertisement
  2. shepardd

shepardd New Member

Just started to use it and it looks good so far. I've been using Touchdown for my corporate email and the standard email client for personal on Gmail. I'll be watching to see if I can manage meeting notices thru Seven like I can with Touchdown. Setup was easy for both (we use Exchange 2003 @ work). I agree on K9 and Maildroid. Never got comfortable with how they looked.

3. rebowling

rebowling New Member

SEVEN rules! My company offers ActiveSync for mobile Exchange email, but this requires allowing my company to impose security policies on my device. For example, requiring that I enter a PIN to unlock my phone. No thanks.

With SEVEN I am able to get my mail, contacts, and calendar all the same as ActiveSync only now I connect to my company's Exchange Web Access. This bypasses all those other nonsense security requirements required with ActiveSync. :cool:

This SEVEN client is called "Out of Office" and it totally kicks @ss! A new build was released in late December and it's smooth as butter. Highly recommend this app.

4. tigercantdrive

tigercantdrive New Member

I've signed up for it and entered phone # three times and still nothing. How are you guys downloading this app?

5. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

Is seven some sort of scam?

I signed up and was activated. I then logged into download and this message comes up.

---
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Use of this software includes sending an SMS message to us at time of installation and for each email account you register. This is for purposes of testing the reporting functionality.
    [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    The number is +447624802625, located on the Isle of Man. For most people, this will be an international SMS leading to a charge on your bill. Others may not have SMS messaging in their plan. Please refer questions regarding service plans and expenses to your network operator.

By downloading and installing the software you acknowledge responsibility for any charges incurred while using this service.
    --

[/FONT]I'm not sending a text to the Isle of Man! That'll probably cost me more than it would buying the app for whatever they charged in the market. Is that their way of getting paid for the app?

Seems ridiculous to me.

Are there any users of seven here who can confirm this is a legitimate app? I'm talking about forum members with more than a post or 2 (no offense, see above).

Plus, since it's beta and not in the market, they could easily tack on a price for the app later on.

No thanks.

6. tigercantdrive

tigercantdrive New Member

Did not see the Isle of Man thing. What a scam! Site looks good and all, but that can't be legit.Friggin' Internet. Who the hell are these two on here raving about it?

7. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

$0.25 on VZW.

Doesn't the OP have 277?