• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Severe Battery Problem!!!

Muk

May 14, 2010
My wife's phone is draining her battery from 100% to almost dead in literally 45 minutes to an hour. I shut down the phone and installed a new fully charged battery, same thing! This is without even using the phone. She has like nothing installed on the phone (besides Angry Birds) so it can't be a rogue app killing it that fast! What do you think?

Reactions: BayouDrew
OK, same problem here although not quite this severe. What I have fouind is that if you go into the Settings/About Phone/Battery use/you will see the list of programs that have been using your battery.

I downloaded the Adobe Reader for my phone, as you have to have this now in this day and age. Once I view an Adobe file the battery drain starts. I can not get it to stop no matter what I do, I have clered the cache in the adobe program (Settings/About phone/Applications/Manage Applications/Adobe/Clear Cache and Force Quit under the same menu) forced quit Adobe everything to no avail. The Advanced task Killer does not work either.

I have uninstalled Adobe and re-installed it thinking that it was just maybe a botched down-load. Same thing.

Check to see if this could be the cause. I am not sure what the cure is as we have to use Adobe but anyway juat trying to help you out here.

Upvote 0
For out of service areas.. Put it in airplane mode or else it will just keep data roaming regardless of whether it is on standby or not. Also get "Battery Booster" on the marketplace. It has default which will tell your phone to turn off wifi and bluetooth when not in use. And will also give beep tones when the battery level goes below the level of your choice.
Hope this helped.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones