SF does have noise cancellation !

Last Updated:

1. dan409

dan409 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Was reading a review at AnandTech and it says:

On the left are the volume rocker button and a port for the secondary microphone for noise cancellation. You can follow that port inside to a small chamber where the microphone is. There aren't any markers on the volume rocker - then again up and down are pretty obvious. The volume rocker is also a multipurpose zoom control in the browser and camera application, which is probably part of why it's left unmarked.

Here is the link if you wanna check it out

Samsung Fascinate Review: Verizon's Galaxy S Smartphone - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

Advertisement
  2. ironhorse

ironhorse Well-Known Member

That would be interesting if it is true.

3. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

I doubted...everytime I'm outside the person on the other end could tell....never the issue with any other Android phone that I owned..

4. FragDroidX

FragDroidX Well-Known Member

Thats not a port for noise cancellation. It is there to put a strap on the phone. Check the Fascinate user manual. Thats a pretty big fail on Anandtech's part.

There is however a sub-microphone next to the front speaker. It only works when you are on speaker phone or when capturing video. Pretty silly spot for it if you ask me. The could have put it on the top or side of the phone and use it for noise cancellation.

5. tschecter

tschecter Well-Known Member

how the heck would you put a strap there? there is one tiny hole- no strap i have ever seen would fit there... I think there is a bit of fail there, too. and, the only manual i have seen has phandroid all over it-- there was none in my box... maybe it was written by phandroid and not samsung? which sugests that IT could be wrong too.

looking at it, I'd be more likely to say- mic.

6. Droidus

Droidus Well-Known Member

I
    It is a wrist strap/phone trinket hole. If you take your battery cover off you can see where you slip the string loop into and the hole further in with a plastic stud is where you slip the loop over to secure the strap.

Destination: Moon likes this.
  7. FragDroidX

FragDroidX Well-Known Member

Here you go. Took me 5 seconds to find for you.

Samsung

8. andonakis

andonakis Well-Known Member

Well sure enough it is for a strap. Now we can put this thread to rest. Thank you very much.

9. fluidj

fluidj Member

It's definitely a strap holder....a very nice one I might add! I put the strap from my old Chocolate in and it works great.

10. Destination: Moon

Destination: Moon Active Member

Yeah me too! Missed having a strap on my phone.

11. summerfish

summerfish Well-Known Member

Just wanted to add in my 2 cents. I knew it was a hole for the strap from the first time I saw it. The old Samsung Glyde featured the same thing. Interesting how far Samsung has come from the Glyde to the Fascinate. But yet is still a blue colored back cover...