1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

SF earbudsTips

1. tomburke1935

tomburke1935 Member

I don't like the earbuds supplied with my SF and would like to change for better ones, but the originals come with a 4 way connector as opposed to the 3 way on most earbuds. So does anyone know if there are earbuds with the right connector, or an adaptor. My Sony earbuds do work, but only if I push the plug in all the time.

Thank you, Tom

Advertisement
    :
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Have you tried somewhere like Maplin? They stock pretty much any sort of adaptor you could think of ever.
    Reider likes this.
  3. Reider

Reider Well-Known Member

I`m getting the SFII tomorrow, ordered a day or so ago from Orange. In readiness I bought the Sony MW600 Bluetooth which has the hands free on the unit, a built in radio and a set of slim in ear Sony earphones plugged into a standard 3.5mm port. The real beauty is the port accepts any earphones with a 3.5mm audio jack plug. The unit has A2DP streaming which I believe the SF and SFII uses.

The other advantage for me is it can be used with my other phones and/or just on its own as a radio. Its a very short length of wire to the unit and then Bluetooth all the way to your phone with a built in clip. Only bad thing apart from the shortness is one side is a longer wire than the other, but you can use your own. Once Bluetooth is set up it controls most music players too with start/stop music, forward,reverse, next track, previous track. Controls for swapping playback device (radio/music player) and the up/down volume slider are a little tricky but not too bad.

Watch Maplin, brilliant store but they go wild with their prices. I got the MW600 from Play.com for