SF vs ...Droid Eris

Last Updated:

1. kar0la420

kar0la420 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

For those of you who upgraded from the Droid Eris, what significant differences have you experienced? I know the Fascinate is a far superior product, but I'm looking to upgrade and really want the SF! Specifically in comparison, how is the call quality? I want to make 3 calls in a row without freezing up..can I expect that from the Fascinate? GPS navigation in comparison?

Advertisement
  2. Blue218

Blue218 Well-Known Member

The call quality on my Fascinate is FAR better than my Eris was.....all in the same areas. The GPS works just as good with Google Maps/Navigation.....the Fascinate does take a minute longer to lock on but it hasn't been an issue for me.

3. kar0la420

Awesome! I needed confirmation, I'm definitely upgrading on november 7!

4. ktez

ktez Well-Known Member

I upgraded to the Fascinate from an Eris and I am very happy with it. It is MUCH faster, and according to the people I talk to on it, I sound much clearer than on my Eris. I do miss the flashing LED notifications but I downloaded NOLED and I'm starting to get used to it. I am pretty sure you wont regret going to the Fascinate ;-)

5. padrone00

padrone00 Well-Known Member

I had my Eris rooted and overclocked and enjoyed it very much. But performance wise the SF is pretty crazy in comparison. Even an overclocked Eris is still no match. The biggest thing I miss is the custom roms. But since I have been using Launcher Pro on both, the main setup hasn't been that much different, just much greater performance.

The picture/video taking quality is a lot better in my opinion with the SF. The screen res is awesome. Having a bigger phone did take some getting used to, but wasn't a deal breaker. I had great battery life on my Eris and even better on my SF. In fact I expect my wife will want to swap out her Incredible for my SF when she goes back to work next week since the battery life is so good.

I did root to get rid of the bloatware and to have the ability to use the wireless tether if I need to. I have been enjoying it more than what I thought I would.

6. Fynx

Fynx Well-Known Member

I moved from my eris to the SF last month and love it. Don't worry about the hardware, it us leaps and bounds brr. The touchwiz takes getting used to, imo. Overall the phone is better, hands down.

7. markdmac

markdmac Well-Known Member

I was running KaosFroyo on my Eris and loved it. My only complaint on the Eris was a lack of flash for the camera.

I have since handed that down to my son and I now have the Fascinate. I am loving it. The larger screen is awesome for watching video. The processor is noticeably faster than my overclocked Eris.

I too did an immediate root to remove some bloatware. I hated the fact that you did not have Google Navigation by default. I also am amazed that there was no notification LED. Like KTEZ I installed NoLED and that works well.

I prefer ADW launcher and installed that. I am very happy with the phone though I really am chomping at the bit waiting for a KaosFroyo for this phone which I am told is in the works now.

I was really reluctant to root my Eris and after having done it I see no reason to not do it. You have better control over what is on and not on the phone. Plus you can always return to stock ROM and unroot.

8. kar0la420

I went to verizon and best buy today, because I'm a glutton for punishment! Played for the first time with the SF...I'm hooked, thanks! I'm totally getting this phone!

GPS was off tho, also I'm in love with it's slimness!

9. markdmac

markdmac Well-Known Member

TigerDirect has the SF on sale for $30 with new 2 year activation. You can use ebates.com to save an additional 3%.