• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SG3 seems to "take" unknown files and save them

to my phone. Whenever I go to sync my photos and videos to my computer, I get way more pictures than I ever took. Pictures of random strangers. Pictures of stupid memes. Pictures of some old ladies gravestone. You get the picture.

It's annoying going through over 800+ pictures deleting them all.

How can I fix this issue? I'm a new owner (2 months in). Previously owned an iPhone 4 before this, so I am totally new to the world of Android.

Any helps or point me to the right thread where I can fix this problem would be greatly appreciated.

You'd look for this unknown pics with a file manager in your phone's folder Download.
I think the pics are part of HTMLs in some emails (spam?) and downloads (unnoticed?) of web sites or HTML docs (offline reader?).

The pics and vids which you took with your phone's cam are in the folder DCIM and its subfolders.
Maybe you can exclude the Download folder for your sync with the PC.

Harry

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
You'd look for this unknown pics with a file manager in your phone's folder Download.
I think the pics are part of HTMLs in some emails (spam?) and downloads (unnoticed?) of web sites or HTML docs (offline reader?).

The pics and vids which you took with your phone's cam are in the folder DCIM and its subfolders.
Maybe you can exclude the Download folder for your sync with the PC.

Harry

There is nothing in the folders. I looked through them all, not just the DCIM folder. Well, none of the random pictures anyway. I searched both the phones memory and the sd card memory. Nothing. Checked the download area, nothing. I'm stumped. I'm generally pretty good with figuring these things out but this one is beyond me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones