• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SG3 skype video calls issue

jabardast

Aug 23, 2013
I have an ATT SG3 running Android 4.1.1.
It seems to be having issues with skype video calls over Wifi. Everytime I start a video call, with in 2-3 seconds skype restarts. I can do skype audio calls fine. But not video calls (The main reason why I got this phone for my dad).

I haven't tried hangouts on SG3.

It could be a skype issue or a device issue (if hangouts also fail)

Over the same Wifi, my Iphone 4s works fine in skype video calls. Hangouts also work fine in 4s.

anyone else having the same issue..

Thanks In advance

Hi Hightech. Sorry for the confusion. I got the SG3 for my dad so that he can use skype to contact me (when I travel ) and other out of country friends / relatives.

re-installed skype couple of times.. did a factory reset.. still no luck. weird thing is iphones 4s works fine with the same wifi.

i tried to use skype on Sg3 to call my friend in US.. same issue.. video call ends in 2-3 seconds and skype restarts.

tried it with 4s , worked in first attempt.

at this time, it seems SG3 is not able to handle low bandwidth connection (my internet is 512 kbps :0) )
But iphone 4s works perfectly

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones