• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SGH-T939_OpenSource_Update1.zip

No, that site is simply there so they can fulfil their obligations to the GPL which requires one to make available the source code of any program licensed under the GPL that has been modified. So all the changes they made to the Android UI are there, but things like device drivers are not, since they are closed sourced.

Unlike the folks at HTC, who release everything, which is how mods are possible on those phones and why its so difficult on this phone.

Upvote 0
***This would be funny if it weren't so darned frustrating! The question is, do we have to start a class action to get an update? Now, I'm about at that point to tell the truth. Nothing new even supports 1.5 - We're toast.

The thought did cross my mind... I'd guess Sammy's boilerplate is pretty impenetrable as far as that goes, but what do I know. (Not much).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones