Last Updated:

1. t-readyroc

t-readyroc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Maybe so...

FTA:

Advertisement
  2. ardyer

ardyer Well-Known Member

Not being an electrical engineer, I've often wondered why cell phone manufacturers don't put a radio that can handle both sets of frequencies in their phones. It seems like it would be cheaper to manufacture one phone for both companies than having to manufacture two nearly identical, but marginally different phones (with the assorted, additional costs of such actions).

3. maerlim

maerlim Well-Known Member

Doesn't follow AT&T's numbering scheme. Maybe the same hardware under a different model number. I'm not sure what the FCC's rules are about that.

I still maintain that the T-Mob and AT&T versions will launch simultaneously.

4. giper54

giper54 Well-Known Member

I believe Engadet already posted that the ATT version or a galaxy of similar specks and ATT frequencies already was approved by the fcc in April.

5. maerlim

maerlim Well-Known Member

It did, but it was labeled the i9000, which is the model number of the international version. So the question remains, what is the FCC's policy about the same hardware going through under different model numbers?

6. ardyer

ardyer Well-Known Member

With today's announcement of the Captivate on AT&T, I've began to wonder if this won't be the "unlocked" version of the Galaxy S in the USA. That is to say, if you buy an unlocked version of the Galaxy S in the states, it will work on both AT&T and T-mobile's 3G bands. One can hope!

7. hahaland

hahaland Member

howardforum showed a preview video of T959, which is exactly the same as original SGS.