1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

SGN2 on the fritzSupport

1. jfazz95

jfazz95 New Member

So I've had my note for a little over 3 weeks now and at first the battery life was average. Like iPhone average which in my book is sub par. I found myself struggling to keep it alive towards the end of the day with lite use. i.e. web browsing, SMS, appygeek..etc. However recently the battery life will just spas out and drop 6%+ in an hour. I'm not sure why. I tried the trick where you reboot your phone while in airplane mode and then turn it on and take it out airplane mode and that didn't seem to help. I have very few apps like 30 and I'm for the most part using stock everything. I have no live wallpapers. I had the reach to check notifications on and I turned that off so I'll see if that's the culprit

Advertisement
    :
  2. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

A phone of that size dropping 6% in an hour is pretty normal if you ask me? Is that with use, or while idle? If its with use then you have to understand it takes some sort of battery life to power that giant screen, and how bright you have it also dictates how battery life would be.

Now if its while the phone is idle then look no further then things like...GPS, of course notifications, especially email if its checking for mail say every 15 minutes, Facebook if you use it, and anything else that you think would have the phone working when not turned on.

What was your previous device?
  3. jfazz95

jfazz95 New Member

its been on for an hour and 30 min and dropped 13% with only 2min on the screen
  4. magpullin

magpullin Well-Known Member

Too many things that could be causing battery drain. As someone suggested in a post down the page, back up everything and do a factory reset and see how it does.

I just got mine and can't believe how awesome the battery life is. Kicks the crap out of my Galaxy Nexus with extended battery. I actually have gone 2 days with average use on the same charge. WOW.....
  5. jfazz95

jfazz95 New Member

i'll try that.
  6. jfazz95

jfazz95 New Member

a blackberry tour. this is my first android phone but i bought the nexus 7 the day it came out. i dont use facebook and i never have gps on. it was dropping 6-10% an hour with slight use like sending a message and i keep my brightness at 40%
  7. chmodx

chmodx Well-Known Member

What kind of building are you in during the day? Just because you have a lot of bars doesn't mean data isn't being a bad drain.

At my work we get fine voice signal, but the data is killer. Once I installed a wifi router in my office, my battery went from being 40% at the end of the day to over 80.
  8. Corki2

Corki2 Well-Known Member

An app like GSam can tell you which apps, if any, are draining your battery. I discovered Amazon App store was sucking mine down.