SGP 4.2 and SpotifyGeneral

Last Updated:

1. joggy

joggy Well-Known Member

Can anyone with a SGP 4.2 confirm that Spotify works on it?

I'm looking into upgrading and am a heavy Spotify user. Googling around, I've found no definitive answers on whether this app works on the SGP 4.2 or not.

Thanks in advance.

2. glassmancheck

glassmancheck Well-Known Member

I'm not a Spotify user, but I do use iHeart Radio and TuneIn Radio with no problems on my SGP 5. After looking at Spotify on the App Store it looks like a similar app, correct? Spotify calls for Android 2.1 and up, check (SGP's OS is 2.35).

Maybe a Spotify user will confirm my theory.
  3. dumbth

dumbth Member

I ordered a 4.2 in hopes of running pandora, tunein, and spotify, so should know in a few days. I expect only spotify radio will work for free... they only seem to allow the fuller featured version to run free on non mobile. I have been able to search and seed that radio on earlier and later versions of mobile android... a clumsy process.
  4. joggy

joggy Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies. Much appreciated.

I do already use the Spotify app on my GSIII & HTC Incredible (runs great on both), but wondered if it ran on the SGP. I'm at a point where I need to upgrade my PMP from an old iPod Touch and am leaning towards the SGP line, specifically the 4.2, so I can move further away from relying on Apple products.

Sounds like I'll probably be OK then. Thanks
  5. brosko

brosko Well-Known Member

i think you can be almost certain that it will work on the sgp. 95% of apps do!
  6. dumbth

dumbth Member

It worked for me in free radio mode. Took a little prodding as a freeloader, and helped to up the stream quality option if you are using headhones.
    joggy likes this.
  7. joggy

joggy Well-Known Member

Cool...thanks for checking, dumbth!