• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SGP stolen: how do I recover serial no form Samsung?

ottavio

Jan 26, 2013
Hello, unfortunately today my beloved SGP 4.2 was stolen. I have no hope to find it back but I would like to make the thief's life as difficult as possible.

I am pretty sure that one of the first thing I did when I bought the device was to register its serial no. on the Samsung website. For this reason I did not bother writing down the serial number, which in hindsight was a terrible mistake.

Unfortunately I have logged into My Samsung but there were no devices registered. This is also strange because I have downloaded (free) apps from the Samsung Store and they should have a record in their database.

I have emailed Samsung customer service but so far no news. I don't expect anything good from their customer service anyway.

I wonder if anybody has ever found themselves in the same situation and what they have done.

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones